James R. Felton
(818) 382-6200 Ext. 125
James R. Felton is Managing Partner of G&B Law LLP. Mr. Felton practices in the areas of business, commercial and real estate litigation, alternative dispute resolution, and insolvency-related matters. He routinely handles business dissolution matters, shareholder, partner and guarantor disputes, breach of contract matters, asset recovery issues, and collections related to structured settlement payments. Mr. Felton is also experienced in healthcare and administrative law, and appellate matters.
Mr. Felton was selected to Super Lawyers from 2009 -2016 for his work in the area of Business Litigation.
- Action to recover for fraud regarding the sale of counterfeit artwork.
- Action on behalf of a minority shareholder to enforce rights against a majority shareholder’s takeover attempts.
- Action to recover monies due on a software licensing contract.
- Successful appeal of a trial court’s use of wage garnishment statutes to limit the collection enforcement of purchased annuity payments.
Education and Honors
- B.A., magna cum laude with high honors, Brandeis University, 1985
- J.D., University of California at Los Angeles, 1988
- Law Clerk, Honorable Joan Dempsey Klein, Presiding Justice, Second Appellate District, Third Division
- Extern, Honorable Stephen V. Wilson, United States District Court Judge
- State of California
- State of Arizona
- United States District Court
- Central and Southern Districts of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional and Community Activities
- 2012 Attorney Boss of the Year, San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- 2009 – 2019 Super Lawyer, Los Angeles Magazine
- 2011 Attorney Trusted Advisor Award, San Fernando Valley Business Journal
- 2007 Top 25 Lawyers in the Valley, San Fernando Business Journal
- 40 Under 40 Award, San Fernando Valley Business Journal
- Past President, San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Chair, Jewish Community Relations Committee of the Jewish Federation, Valley Alliance
- Board of Directors, Jewish Federation Council of Greater Los Angeles
- Board of Directors, Young Leadership Division, Jewish Federation Council
- Member, National Young Leadership Cabinet, Jewish Federation
- Recipient, Jules Ratner Leadership Award, Jewish Federation
- Volunteer, The Alliance for Children’s Rights; provides pro bono adoption counsel
- Member, Los Angeles Unified School District’s Task Force on Special Education
Publications & Posts
- Child Support Claims in a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- How to Judge a Good Lawyer
- J. G. Wentworth Publication Interviews Jim Felton
- A Look at Preference Actions in a Recession
Aspatore Special Report: Bankruptcy Litigation Trends in California
- The Threat of the ‘B’ Word
- Hammering Settlements
Los Angeles Daily Journal
August 21, 2007
- See the Light: Business Websites Must be Accessible to the Blind
- How to Prepare Your Firm for an Economic Slowdown
San Fernando Valley Business Journal
October 9, 2006