(818) 382-6200 Ext. 122
David Adelman is a business lawyer. He assists clients with their real estate, corporate and intellectual property needs. He develops business strategies, provides business counsel and helps structure, negotiate and document business deals.
Mr. Adelman fills the role of “outside” general counsel. His clients span a vast array of industries, including aerospace, apparel, construction, distribution, education, energy, entertainment, fashion, financial services, fitness, food service, healthcare, hospitality, insurance, manufacturing, media, professional services, real estate, recycling, retail, software, technology and transportation. He has been referred to as a “Renaissance Lawyer” – one whose expertise and experience span a significant number of different subject areas. He couples big firm work product with small firm sensibilities. Mr. Adelman holds community involvement in high regard.
Mr. Adelman was selected to Super Lawyers in 2015 and 2016 for his work in the areas of Real Estate, Business/Corporate, and Intellectual Property.
- Structured the leasing program for a large shopping center management company with major regional mall holdings throughout the western U.S.
- Acquisition of a multi-million dollar hospital and medical office complex, including all related business assets.
- Acquired and disposed of property, secured development entitlements, drafted restrictive covenants, formed homeowners’ associations, managed design and construction issues and secured easements in connection with the development of two sizable residential resort communities in Puerto Rico.
- Represented a 120-person creditors committee in connection with a voluntary $6 million loan workout program, which included securitization work and on-going management of the disposition of the debtor’s portfolio of 50 multi-family residential properties.
- Secure and documented a $100 million line of credit for a nationally-recognized business liquidation and appraisal company.
- Represented a major e-commerce company in the formation of an Internet-based joint venture with a major entertainment company.
Professional and Community Activities
- 2015-2019 Southern California Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers Magazine
- 2012 Attorney Trusted Advisor Award, San Fernando Valley Business Journal
- 2012 Community Service Award, San Fernando Valley Business Journal
- Chair, Valley Industry and Commerce Association (VICA)
- Board of Directors, Valley Presbyterian Hospital
- Board of Directors, New Horizons
- Counsel, Fit 4 The Cause
- Board of Directors, Valley Economic Alliance
- Board of Directors, Lambda Chi Alpha International Fraternity, Epsilon Sigma Chapter
- Volunteer, The Alliance for Children’s Rights
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- LEED – Accredited Professional
B.A., University of California at Los Angeles, 1977
J.D., Loyola Law School, 1984
State of California
United States District Court
Central and Southern Districts of California
United States District of Puerto Rico
First and Ninth Circuit Courts of Appeals